Monday, March 17, 2008

Message from George Kovalick

The following message is from George Kovalick. I won't put his contact info here to keep him from getting spam, but you can get it from me if you are interested in contacting him. -- Jack Quinn

I am not sure you would remember me. I have joined the "geezers" rides almost a year ago and enjoyed it immensely. Met a bunch of interesting guys.

At the time I lived in Carefree.

However, in November of last year my wife and I started making preparations for a long planned move to France (including the 3 cats and 6 bikes) and I had been unable to join the geezers on any rides since then.

We moved in the first week of February to a little village 60 miles south of Paris (Rogny Les Sept Ecluses - ) where we purchased an exciting business venture - a luxury hotel barge cruising the Upper Loire Canal de Briare (www.MeandererFrenchCanalCruises.com).

It took a little while to get settled in our new home (we sold our hose in Carefree, but kept a condo at Gainey Ranch, since we intend to spend 3 months every year in Scottsdale) as well as the weather to turn from dreary to pleasant, but now the bikes have been reassembled and I have been enjoying discovering the fantastic rides on high quality small roads crisscrossing this great area and enjoying the respect and courtesies of French drivers.

Our barge venture bookings historically slow down in July and August and I was entertaining the idea of having interested Geezers to come and join me in France for a few days of exciting group rides through the area. I will know the area very well by then and would be delighted to serve as a guide and advisor.

For me it's strictly a hobby and there is no "business" concept involved in this idea.

Please feel free to pass this along to the geezers members in any format you feel would be appropriate on the website or your blog.

Warm regards to all and safe riding.

George

No comments: